Home » Posts tagged 'Second Grade'
Tag Archives: Second Grade
If my son wants to watch “Johnny Test” on the weekend, I’m going to make him earn it!
This is how we prioritize:
- Playtime/Free time/Outside time
- Limited extras like soccer or piano lessons
- Screen time
Here are our Afterschooling Plans for 2nd Grade:
Language Arts and Social Studies
We are doing a yearlong look at diversity in America, including an appreciation of our political system. This will be accomplished through carefully planned read alouds at bedtime. Hyperlinks coming soon! Here’s what’s on board:
- African American Literature for Children
- Yeah for Voting! (October/November)
- Asian American Literature for Children
- Hispanic American Literature for Children
- Appreciating/Understanding the Immigrant Experience
- All About Spelling Level 3, 1 step a weekend
- Finish Hands on Equations
- Sign up for Dreambox again over Winter Vacation
- Build fluency through XtraMath.org
Do you want to read about my failed attempt to teach Bruce Spanish in the past? Maybe I’m a glutton for punishment; maybe I’m just crazy. But Ann Cameron told me about this great Spanish program created right here in Seattle by All Bilingual Press.
Bruce and I are slowly working our way through the Espanol para chicos y grandes Level 1 textbook, and Jenna is following along too. It’s amazing how quickly Bruce is remembering vocabulary that he learned three years ago. There could be hope for him yet!
- Spring Break is going to be Science Week
- Learning to Be a Scientist will be our road-map
What are your Afterschooling plans? Feel free to leave a link or your comments below.