I’m not an expert, just a horribly dissatisfied Blog.com customer. If you are in that situation too, this post is for you.
In the past 24 hours I’ve moved Teaching My Baby to Read from Blog.com to WordPress and all of my contact is intact.
This is what I did:
1) I opened up a WordPress.com account. (I think this was $99 for the year.)
2) I waited for Blog.com to be working. (Good luck with this step.)
3) In the Dashboard of my Blog.com blog, I clicked on “Tools”. Then I clicked on “Export”.
4) I saved my entire blog as an “XML” file onto the hard drive of my computer.
5) In the Dashboard of my new WordPress blog, I clicked on “Tools”. Then I clicked on “Inport”.
6) I imported the XML file of my old blog into my new one.
7) Ten minutes later, everything was transferred.
I still have a tremendous amount of work to do to update links, Pinterest etc, but it could be worse. At least I have all of my content.