Normally I wouldn’t blog about what I’m giving out for Mother’s Day. But I’m so inspired by A Dream So Big, Our Unlikely Journey to End the Tears of Hunger by Steve Peifer and Gregg Lewis that I decided to go for it. As soon as I read this book I went out and bought three more copies and funded some lunches.
Kenya Kids Can! is so amazing, that I’d really like to help spread the word. So…
Are you looking for a Mother’s Day gift that is enjoyable and meaningful?
Here’s an idea to copy:
- A Dream So Big, my new favorite book
- Fair Trade, Organic, Shade Grown, Ethiopian Coffee
- Endangered Species chocolate bars
- An African Violet
- Fabric of Life note-card supporting women in Mali
- A Kiva card (not pictured)
- Does your mom like to garden? You could throw in some corn and bean packets.
- Is your mom more of a tea drinker? You could include organic rooibos tea instead of the coffee.
- Does your mom like wine? You could round the gift out with a bottle from South Africa.
- Would Kiva be too confusing? Check out Heifer International, Kenya Kids Can!, or any other charity you like to support.
I’m also wondering if this might make a good end of the year teacher’s gift…
P.S. If you are interested in finding out more about Fabric of Life, the great boutique right here in my own hometown of Edmonds, WA that helps women in Bamako, Mali “go from begging to businesswomen in 18 months”, please click here.